Sunday, June 28, 2009

More Cats - Cat Post Cards from Louis Wain





If you go back to my first posts on this blog- I posted pictures of some of my collection of cat "things'. Well THESE are more from my husband's part. These being Cat postcards drawn by Louis Wain.


Poor Mr. Wain was slightly schizophrenic (no really he was) and over the course of his life, his original "charming" slightly weird cats became downright strange. Check out the eyes on them. Look at what they are all doing - everyone one of them is engaged in anti-social behavior (not that cats aren't capable of that but...he took it to a new level)


These are the last 3 Wain postcards I have (since they didn't go when listed for auction, I'm keeping them) - one is not signed by Wain but sure looks like his and the other two are signed right on the front. These are used with soft corners and postmarks etc. but they are still very collectible. I'll come back later today and post a link to more.

No comments:

Post a Comment